Commercial Concrete Resurfacing in Melbourne
Nupave specialises in commercial concrete resurfacing for small to large commercial business, industrial operators, community and government organisations. We service metropolitan Melbourne and areas of Bass Coast, Phillip Island and West and South Gippsland.
As Melbourne’s decorative concrete specialist for over 30 years, our team is experienced, trained and highly knowledgeable in all things concrete. You get our complete expertise – no outsourcing!
We’re well-resourced for small and large-scale commercial jobs. No job is too big – and we’re ‘site ready’. Equipped with the best machinery and techniques in concrete floor preparation and resurfacing application, our processes are well-practised and refined for the best results.
Our team is professional, friendly and dependable and we’re organised – offering an efficient, high-quality service at a competitive cost. Call us now and chat with our team about your next concrete resurfacing project.
Rejuvenate your existing concrete and save your business thousands
Resurfacing your existing concrete can be up to 200% cheaper than a new concrete pour. As an example, a new 200 sq/m concrete slab may cost around the $25k mark. Resurfacing the same area, may cost around $10k (depending). This is a saving of around $15k for your business, with the same fresh new look you need.
What additional upgrades could your business do with an extra $15k? Contact our team today for a site inspection to see if your concrete is suitable for resurfacing!
What is commercial concrete resurfacing?
Concrete resurfacing is the application of a cement-based polymer-modified adhesive coating to pre-existing concrete forming a new, high-quality commercial-grade surface on top. It is a form of concrete restoration that will increase the visual appeal, safety and durability of your indoor and outdoor concrete surfaces.
- Factories and warehouse floors
- Commercial driveways
- Outdoor footpaths
- Pedestrian crossings
- Courtyards, patios and alfresco areas
- Pool surrounds
- School quadrangles and sporting areas
- Wheelchair access ramps
- Car parks
- Public sporting facilities
- Commercial kitchens
- Public bathrooms/amenities
Commercial concrete resurfacing is a facelift for restoring old, tired-looking concrete that is still structurally sound – making it a better fit for purpose and providing a low-cost alternative to replacement.
Customised commercial concrete resurfacing
Choose from a variety of customised colours, surface textures and patterns for your commercial concrete resurfacing. Our team can take you through the options to help you understand the products available, their benefits and what would work best for what your business needs.
- Colours: Solid colours for a clean look or multiple colours, which can be customised or colour-matched to your brand.
- Textures: Smooth texture for sleek finish. Slip-resistant texture for outdoor surfaces exposed to moisture and those where grip is needed or where safety is priority.
- Patterns: Multiple colours for pre-set designs, patterns and special effects. Decorative flakes can be added for ‘fleck’ finish, providing visual texture and more colour variation.
- Sealers: A gloss or matte sealer provides a glossy or matte finish.
Our team uses a variety of techniques to achieve certain looks and themes including different-coloured base coats and topcoats, staining and multi-tone ‘fleck’ finishes for highlights or a natural-looking feel.
Commercial concrete resurfacing is a bit of an art! And with over 30 years experience, we do it well. That’s why they call Nupave first. Call us now for a free consultation and quote.
Commercial concrete resurfacing for all industries
Business operators and organisations across many industries invest in concrete resurfacing for safety purposes because of its durable, slip-resistant texture. It provides an ideal surface for high-risk commercial and industrial work areas, areas exposed to the elements where grip is required for safety and at locations utilised by people with restricted mobility (aged care) or young children (schools and playgrounds).
- Agriculture and dairy
- Factories and warehouses
- Food manufacturing and processing
- Aged care facilities
- Logistics depots
- Schools and kindergartens
- Hair salons and spas
- Commercial garages and car dealerships
- Councils and local government
- Community and public spaces
- Gyms and personal training studios
- Physical therapy/rehabilitation centres
- Kids playgrounds
Our team would be pleased to provide an onsite consultation with your planning, construction or maintenance team to discuss your needs and provide a quote for concrete resurfacing at your workplace. Contact us and get our team onsite now.
Specialising in ‘Cut Stone’ resurfacing
Nupave proudly offers ‘cut stone’ resurfacing, a unique product not offered by many of our competitors. Cut stone resurfacing is an alternative resurfacing option great for retirement villages, schools and kindergartens as it is less ‘gritty’, making it kinder on feet. Cut stone resurfacing is available in one solid colour, in a variety of abrasiveness. Contact us now to learn more.
Why commercial concrete resurfacing?
Investing in commercial concrete resurfacing will increase the value of your commercial property by improving its visual appeal, preserving the integrity of your asset, improving safety and aligning with your brand and work needs.
- Cost-effective: Rejuvenate your existing concrete! Concrete that is still structurally sound does not need to be replaced.
- Safety (high non-slip rating): Fulfil your safety obligations and mitigate liability by reducing the risk of slips, trips and falls in the workplace or your public areas.
- Upgrade and restore: Repair and hide minor cracking and discolouration in unsightly, ageing concrete. Get it looking new again.
- Longevity and performance: Durable, hard-wearing and UV resistant. Tolerates bad weather and heavy traffic.
- Visual aesthetics: Make your concrete areas uniform and consistent and align them with your brand (custom colours available).
- Customisable patterns: Colour-coded patterns are available for locations such as pedestrian crossings, playgrounds and sport/recreational surfaces (see also Commercial Concrete Stencilling).
- Asset preservation: Preserve asset value and increase lifespan of your commercial flooring, pathways and other surfaces.
- Easy maintenance: Generally low-maintenance, your new surface requires only periodic resealing.
Rebranded, moved location or renovating? We will work with your project team and in line with your project plan – keeping things on track and on time.
Protecting your investment: high-quality products only
We want the best result for your business that performs well now, and into the future. That’s why we use only high-quality, tried and tested resurfacing products sourced from suppliers that we know and trust. Our products:
- Bind well to concrete surfaces
- Offer exceptional durability and strength
- Provide longevity and minimal maintenance
- Maintain their look and stay looking great
We also use quality sealers to adequately protect and preserve your investment. High-quality commercial concrete resurfacing will rejuvenate your existing concrete and extend its life for many years, when applied correctly.
Choose Nupave for commercial concrete resurfacing
At Nupave, we know and understand concrete inside out including how it ages, the causes and impacts of damage and how to properly prepare and work with it. We know Australian conditions and we know the techniques and products that work (and the ones that dont).
- Over 30 years experience
- Highly skilled, trained knowledgeable staff
- Adequately resourced for large commercial jobs
- Equipped with latest machinery
- Modern, innovative application techniques
- High-quality durable products
- Professional and friendly staff
- Fully insured
- Attention to detail – all work guaranteed
We work to Australian Standards and guidelines for concrete installation and restoration.
We’re a close-knit team and passionate about what we do. We love learning about the latest products and equipment on the market and keeping our own industry knowledge up to date, including any important updates to industry rules and guidelines.
Other commercial concrete services:
Our expert team is available for all your commercial concrete needs:
- Concrete Driveways and Slabs
- Exposed Aggregate Concrete
- Slate Impressions
- Commercial Spray-on Paving
- Commercial Concrete Stencilling
- Commercial Concrete Cleaning
- Commercial Concrete Grinding
- Epoxy Concrete Flooring
You just can’t beat local experience and industry knowledge. Call Nupave first for fast, high-quality, friendly and efficient service.
Service locations for commercial concrete resurfacing
Nupave will gladly travel to your commercial business location anywhere across metropolitan Melbourne. We also cover areas of Bass Coast, Phillip Island and West and South Gippsland for some commercial projects.
We’re based in Cranbourne. So if your business is located in one of the industrial estates at Cranbourne, Dandenong, Mordialloc or Clayton – we’re local and close by.
We are adequately resourced and equipped to undertake large commercial jobs and we will work with your project team to your timelines and requirements. We’re flexible, easy to work with and site ready!
Call us now
Get your old, tired-looking concrete looking new again with commercial concrete resurfacing.
Nupave are the experts in all things concrete. Call us now for free consultation and quote.
Frequently asked questions
Is ‘non-slip concrete sealer’ the same as commercial concrete resurfacing?
No. The terminology ‘non-slip concrete sealer’ is commonly used when referring to slip-resistant options for concrete sealer, it is an additive added to the final coat which is not a long term solution. Concrete resurfacing gains its slip resistance from the cement-based polymer that is sprayed on.
Is ‘non-slip concrete coating’ the same as commercial concrete resurfacing?
Yes. ‘Non-slip concrete coating’ is another terminology commonly used when referring to slip-resistant options available for commercial concrete resurfacing.
How much does concrete resurfacing cost?
Depending on the job requirements (such as the size of the job, the degree of preparation work needed and the amount of coats to be applied), commercial concrete resurfacing by Nupave may cost your business $60-$90 per square metre.
What is the process for commercial concrete resurfacing?
The process for concrete resurfacing includes:
Concrete surface preparation:
- Cleaning: to remove dirt, grime, and other debris.
- Minor repairs: Filling of small cracks or holes and minor levelling if necessary.
- Surface profiling: Grinding to create a better surface for better adhesion.
- Primer: A bonding agent to ensure good adhesion.
- Base coat: A base layer of resurfacing material to bond to the existing surface.
- Non-slip additives: Utilising different techniques we do not require adding any additives. Our concrete resurfacing will leave you with a P5 slip rating after it has been sealed.
- Texturework: Such as brooming, troweling, or rollers to further customise the look and texture.
- Decorative options: Stencil work or patterns. See Commercial Concrete Stencilling.
- Sealing: To protect and preserve the new surface.
- Dry and cure: Timing can vary based on the required products used and the environmental conditions.
How long does commercial concrete resurfacing take to dry?
Timing for drying and curing can vary based on the products used and environmental conditions. In most cases, the surface coating will require 24 hours to cure before resuming regular use and 7 days for vehicle traffic.